Saturday, July 17, 2010

All Better

Well, yesterday was my last day of antibiotics. (Woo-hoo!)  I am generally very conservative about medication, so I wasn't such a fan when I was told that I would need to take Amoxicillin for a hideous infection in one of my wisdom teeth.  It ended up needing to be extracted, as two Mondays ago, I woke up with pain in my mouth and a swollen jaw.  That's when all that fun stuff started.

I also learned while sitting in the dentist's chair, I wasn't as spiritually mature and peaceful as I thought I was!  I was actually kind of a baby.  I don't know why I was so freaked out about having a tooth pulled...but the dentist basically begged me to take nitrous.  Lol.  He said he normally sedated people to do what he did to me.  It didn't help matters that the roots of that particular tooth were growing up, kind of like a hook.  There was a whole lot of drilling and such that I didn't expect.  Not fun.  So I guess whenever I have the others extracted I should let them sedate me so they can just do what they need to do and not have me freaking out at the sound of teeth being chiseled out of my face. 

Anyway, thanks be to God, I am feeling much better.  Apparently I had been fighting off the infection for a while, 'cause I had been feeling really run down for the past few weeks.  I have been getting up at a decent hour more recently and am able to do more around the house, and playing with the children more.  So, I guess conventional medicine has it's place.  Now I just need to start on probiotics to get my system (as well as the baby's) back into balance!  

No comments:

Post a Comment