Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 3 in 30 Challenge- Week 2


It's time to check in for week two of the March 3 in 30 Challenge at AP Freewriting!

Eat 3 Meals per day with the family: Well...I definitely had more meals with everyone than I would've had otherwise! I will say that breakfast may be the easiest meal to eat together. Everyone gets what they want for the most part. Lunch is usually a choice between a simple sandwich or leftovers from dinner, so my son is sometimes not so keen about participating. Thankfully, my daughter will pretty much try anything. My son on the other hand, has been quite picky lately. That makes dinner trickier. But, generally speaking we've been pretty good about eating dinner 'round the family table.

Plan a Date Night Each Week: I think I should get an A for effort on this one! My husband is big into music (being a worship leader and all). Well, I did some major searching for something unique that he would be interested in (and free or low cost) and came across a free concert at a local church (we had never heard of the artist, but she did have music on i Tunes), and the other option I came across was hearing one of the members of Hillsong as a guest speaker at another local (mega) church. I presented both options to my husband, and we ended up going shopping for our date. I was a little bummed that we didn't do something new, but it was a good shopping trip, so I guess I can't really complain. We spent time together and that's what counts.

Declutter for 15 Minutes per Day: I actually did pretty well with this one! I didn't manage to do it every day, but I definitely feel less cluttered! I'm just excited to have made progress.

So, how did you do? Are you on track with your goals for the month?

8 comments:

  1. Great progress on your goals!! And yes- A for effort on the date night...it's the thought that counts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing good on your goals! Yay for progress and your effort! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing GREAT!! Definate A on the date night effort - I must admit that my hubby plans our dates, and the last one we ended up at Home Depot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job. Yes you get an A for effort on the date night. I wish me and the husband had more date nights but we always have a crazy weekend schedle. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job. I'm with you, sometimes it's nice to do new things, but at least you got to spend time with your hubby. I know that's hard for my hubby and I, hopefully after our move closer to family it won't be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Husbands are funny like that, aren't they!? Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! De-cluttering 15 minutes a day makes such a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a fairly productive week! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete