Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Random Stuff

So last night, as I was posting about our dinner (as I often do), my wonderful husband said, "so are you just going to blog about our dinner?" to which I replied, "of course not!"  I never really intended for that to be the case...and so, since I'm up for no apparent reason at 5 am, I'll take the opportunity to share some things that happen to be floating around in my head at this moment. 

  1. Hubby and I will be celebrating our "fruit and flowers" (learn more about that here) anniversary tomorrow.  I'm super excited, especially since he's able to take the next three days off!  We like following along with the traditional gift ideas, just for fun.  For instance, last year, for our "leather anniversary" he got a nice little leather pad folio and some extra paper to put in it...he's always taking down notes for some reason, and the legal pad just wasn't cutting it!  I got some flip-flops made with leather...neither of us spent more than $10 for our gifts.  I can hardly wait to see what gifts we celebrate with this year...not that it's about the gifts...being married for four years (and counting) is a gift in and of itself! 
  2. Our church is moving into a new (to us) building this weekend.  We've been in our temporary location for almost two years, so this will be an exciting event for our church family.  So, needless to say, we won't be going too far from home for random topic #1, as my husband will be helping get stuff in order in the new place.
  3. I'm looking forward to the end of summer so I can finally go outside again! Ha ha.  Ok, I go outside from time to time, but it's so darn hot out there...not really conducive to outdoor activity with two little ones!  But, on a more thankful note, we've had some pretty good storms lately for the summer Monsoon. 
  4. Speaking of the upcoming end of summer (I hope), why is this year going by so fast?  Is it speeding by for anyone else?  I find it hard to believe that it's already August. 
  5. I am excited about World Breastfeeding Week, and I am participating in the blog carnival at The Leaky B@@b...look for that post on Saturday.  My story is also being featured at Rediscovering Domesticity sometime this month (thanks Audra!). 
  6. We plan on going to the local farmer's market on Friday!  I don't think I've ever actually been to a farmer's market, so that should be a treat!  I've really been thinking about getting more produce into our diets, and especially local organic produce.  I was actually looking into joining a Community Supported Agriculture group, but whether we will has yet to be determined.  It's such a neat idea though.  Is anyone else a part of one?  My other (time sensitive) thought was to plant a small garden on our patio- yes, we only have a patio right now...no dirt to call our own at this time.  But I think I need to get that ball rolling in the next month or so if I decide to.
 Anyway, I think that's all for now!  I'm going to go back to bed (for a little while)!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment